Monday, January 14, 2008

Days 2 and III

Ahhhhhhhhh! Nothing. Yep that's about what I have done. I realize I am usually not the hang out and do nothing guy, but after 4 months of 12-15 hour days, screwing off has taken on an entirely new shine. I really haven't done nothing. I have been to the gym everyday. I met a few guys and we had beers the last few nights. That's been cool. I did also make it onto the top ten list on a video game so I am famous, at least until somebody does better.

There is plenty of opportunity to go off post, I just cannot bring myself to go to a formation and be on somebody else's schedule. Besides I really have no desire to support the local economy. I got nothing for these jokers and I damn sure am not giving any more of my self and my money to their crap ass culture than I have too. Sorry for the digression, I just really don't like this part of the world.

If you're a trooper and your reading this looking for some insight on your pending deployment I advise you come to pass with somebody you know. There are a ton of people here and as I have shown meeting a few folks and hanging out is easy. I think that most folks will have a much better time coming with a few friends and hanging out. I was just looking to get away from all the BS at Arifjan and do nothing. I am perfectly happy chillin out for few days. If your not OK with that, come with a battle buddy. Here is a pic of the gym and MWR building. I spent a fair amount of time in here at hte gym and using this phone center/internet cafe. They have lots to do including pack on the calories with a Dairy Queen and an Orange Julious. The OJ with a scoop of protein powder after a workout is a nice treat!



Here is a pic of the guys I met up with. They helped me celebrate my birthday in style, with three beers! The two guys with glasses are realy up in the middle of nowhere. They live in containers that have been turned into rooms. They have to walk down the street to get to a latrine. They have to shut the water off while showering and if they take to long, they get banned from showering for a few days because water is rationed up there. Yeah, really. They make me happy to be me. Anyhow. It was cool to have somebody to hang out with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YO!. Been down with the sickness.


HAPPY F-ing Birthday!!!!!!


Mick