Saturday, March 8, 2008

Its not just a vacation, its an adventure!

As promised my faithful minions, er ah I mean readers, my first post detailing the adventure that is R&R (Rest and Recuperate) leave. So far all is going fairly swimmingly.

I am currently enjoying a Mediterranean panini at the Juice Zone CafĂ© in the Kuwait International Airport. I can’t detail my days activities, but I will say in true Army style it has taken me 13 hours to get a grand total of 30 miles away from where I woke up this morning to wait for a commercial airplane! I am not saying I have only traveled 30 miles, I had to go much farther to come all the way back to the airport. Although normally this would be quite a frustrating experience, I don’t care. My leave doesn’t start until the day after I land at my destination, so in effect this has been a work day for me. I’ll take it.

I will be here at the airport until my plane departs several hours from now. Again, I am getting paid, so I don’t really care. All I can think about is seeing Emily’s face when she sees me in Frankfurt. She doesn’t know it, but by a shear act of God himself I will actually link up with her in Frankfurt Germany and we will be on the same from there to Italy! She is going to be so surprised to see me in Germany. I cant wait. I will leave you all waiting as anxiously as I….

No comments: