Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

I lucked into a Christmas Eve feast! I had to go up to another camp today and deliver some equipment to a warehouse there. We have contractors that run the warehouse and most of them are from India. When we got there they were having lunch and invited us to join them. What a great deal!

We had some sort of BBQ chicken, some curry shrimp and rice. Some vegetables and flat bread, it was great. Turns out there is a very good restaurant near where all these contractors live and they "catered" all the food. It was really good chow and I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and the food.


You can see by the picture that we are all enjoying ourselves and getting along just fine. Fairly ironic considering in the group there are Christians, Muslims and Hindi's! It is a surreal feeling to celebrate Christs birth in a Muslim nation with friends of Hindu faith. When we left to head back to Camp Arifjan all I could do was look north to Iraq and shake my head in wonder.

2 comments:

katmoe said...

Your BLOG has given me insight into what I can expect in February. I will be deploying to Arifjan then. I have yet to find someone there to give me guidance. Supposedly, I will be provided a sponsor but it may be too late to be of benefit. I'd really appreciate it if I could email you and get some advice soon, as I report to Fort McPherson on January 23. Thanks.

Dave said...

Katmoe,

Email me at david.spess@gmail.com and I will be happy to discuss your concerns at length.

dave